Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mini Chase 2009 has started!

Analysis-

Greetings from the highway heading through Wichita Falls on our way southwest. Looking at current surface analysis I'm glad I went with my hunch this morning. As low pressure has set up over the Lubbock area. This has turned winds south/southeast across central and now across north central Texas. As the moisture continues to be pulled northwest toward the Texas panhandle. Instability has soared across the region with dewpoints climbing into lower 60s. Surface based CAPE across the I-20 corridor at Noon were already topping out over 4,500 joules. Skies were mainly sunny with some flat cu starting to develop with the advancing low level moisture.



Target Area-

Plan on heading south to Seymour, Texas then west towards Lubbock. I'm thinking currently the we might not get the first one or two storms that form down along I-20. As I want to play the better backing winds to the northwest, not only at the surface but at the 850 level. These per the models increase towards sunset especially the 850 level. Current 4 county play area is thinking to be Crosby, Dicken, Garza and Kent. Another update later when things start to fire up.



No comments: