Friday, June 12, 2009

Morning From Amarillio

It was a long day 1 of traveling with mostly sunny skies and a capped atmosphere. We headed south from Lawton just before noon. Taking the highway south through Wichita Falls to Seymour to eventually Haskel, Texas. Things were very unstable by then with 5,000 joules of Cape nosing north as a weak low was forming in the panhandle. So we decided to head west from there as our target was around Dickens county. Before towers to our southeast exploded and was later tornado warned across south central Texas. For us as we entered our target area we could see pretty nice towers trying to go up. Well we continued to watched this towers go up and down for the next three hours. As the cap kept things knocked down and we couldn't take advantage of the moderate instability in our area. So day 1 was a bust but I enjoyed every second of it. Its so great to spend this time with my niece and it doesn't help that I just love chasing. Driving across this country is so amazing and a lot of people have no clue how pretty the Texas panhandle can be. Well hopefully Internet issues won't be that big of deal today. Yesterday I had very limited Internet for a good portion of the afternoon. So I was able to update and tweet as much. I'll have another update on our plans are later this morning. For now I might try to catch some more zzzz or starting forecasting. Hmm if anyone knows me I think they'll know the answer to that one....haha Let the forecasting begin! Have a great morning everyone from Amarillo, Texas.

No comments: