Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Season weather likely this Thursday


latest SPC outlook for Day 1
Edit-9:40am 4/2 latest trends and my thinking is that north central Texas will have the greatest risk of damaging tornadoes. Target location would be from Wichita Falls to Bowie To Ardmore south to Dallas then back west to Abilene. Much more later......


Edit- 11:15am 4/3 Looking at the latest RUC the trend has come back giving a little hope of severe weather and maybe a isolated tornado across the Texoma area. Given that the best environment is still not going to be in the Texoma area there will likely be two different areas for tornadic storms. One across north Central Texas south of Wichita Falls to just east of Abilene along the dry line that will likely fire up till late afternoon and tornadic threat will likely be from 7pm-midnight. The second area will be along the warm front from Ardmore,OK to Fort Smith, Arkansas this afternoon and evening. I'm working the mid shift and my chief had dental surgery this morning so he will be limited in his talking abilities till at least mid afternoon. So I'll not be able to chase this afternoon and evening as it looks now. However if I was I still like my target area from a couple days ago. I would be ready and watching for things to fire up by 3pm in Bowie. I'll have another update after the 18z Ruc comes out........

No comments: