Saturday, June 6, 2009

Chase 2009 is almost here

Mini Chase 2009 is almost here as myself and my niece will be taking a quick four day journey. Across the Plains looking the magical and mysterious supercell that produces a tornado. She arrives Wednesday evening 6:30ish and looking at the latest forecast could do a spontaneous warm up chase around Sw Oklahoma. Then after I get off work Thursday morning around 10ish we'll head out. Then chase Thursday through Saturday before heading back to OKC for her to board a plane back to Indiana.

Looking at the long range models and ensembles the weather pattern isn't going to be perfect. However a hell of a lot better then its been over the past 4 weeks for severe weather. A similar situation t0 what we're dealing with this weekend will take place late next week into the weekend. So the hot spot will be from NE Colorado southeastward to Northern Oklahoma more then likely. So Thursday chase will be across Kansas due to traveling time then probably up in western Nebraska and NE Colorado. Which wouldn't be too bad because I would love to take a little trip to Golden, Colorado for some nice Coors(Right Chris =) ) That might be wishful thinking as that would be a long drive but you never know. Right now I would give it the chance of seeing nice supercells and good storm structure(something Becky has never seen) a 7 out of 10. Now the possibility of seeing a tornadic storm based on synoptic set up I would say 3 out of 10. So hopefully the weather pattern gets a little more amplified and the shortwave comes out at a little better time. I'll have more on the trip later and make sure you add me to your Twitter account or just keep checking on the web page for updates. I will be posting pictures and twitty while out in the field. This time chasing I'll have time and not having to deal with doing work stuff.

No comments: