Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Severe Weather Day #2

I apologize for the lack of posting but I have had Internet issues and work commitments that have taken all my time.

Today's severe weather will shift into a straight line wind damage threat with isolated tornadoes still possible. This threat will run from Ohio south through Kentucky, Tennessee and points east. As the line of rain with embedded t'storms is already into eastern Indiana southwest into western parts of Kentucky and Tennessee. Behind this line of rain is very powerful winds due to the pressure difference between the low pressure in Missouri and in the high pressure in the southeast. These winds could exceed 50mph in some isolated areas with sustained winds of 40mph.

Here is the latest SPC outlook
I'll try to post more information on the severe weather last night across my neck of the woods as I was out chasing for the station. Also the latest information on the deadly tornado near Ardmore,OK.

No comments: