Sunday, March 2, 2008

Chase mode is in effect for later this afternoon




Good Sunday afternoon everyone as it is a go for storm chasing this afternoon. Conditions look likely for severe weather however it is still marginal for tornadic storms. Currently outside my apartment it is mostly cloudy with a break or two in the clouds. Temperatures have continued to rise despite the cloud cover. The temperature is 73 with a dewpoint of 56 and a strong SSE wind at 25mph gusting to 34mph.
The top graphic is the latest SPC outlook which i feel is about right on in our area. As thunderstorms will likely develop by 5pm along the Tx panhandle/Oklahoma border. The second graphic is the latest Craven index which paints a nice bulls eye for severe weather over SW Oklahoma by 8pm. The last graphi is the latest visible that shows one piece of energy lifting northeast while the second one enters the panhandle. Also we're starting to see clouds clear out over the Texoma area.
I will likely be leaving my apartment or the station by 3pm central time to position myself. At this time I'm not sure if it will be just me or if I will be with a photog from the station. Luckily it doesn't look that long of drive as right now I will likely set up just north of the Red River about 30 mins south of Lawton. I'll try to update this as many times as I can this afternoon.





No comments: